When there is conflict in a family, including divorce or separation, issues of substance abuse, or other domestic violence, time for parents or other relatives with their child(ren) can become problematic. CFC provides a warm and safe environment for children to visit non-custodial parents or other relatives. Visits can be 1-2 hours and our staff can accommodate a maximum of two visits per week, per family. A trained visitation monitor is present during each visit. Supervised visitation may becourt ordered or self-referred.
An orientation must be completed with each party before supervised visitation is scheduled. Orientation is scheduled for the non-custodial party first, and once it is completed the custodial party orientation is scheduled. During orientation, CFC policy and procedures are reviewed, staff will answer questions, provide a facility tour and obtain scheduling availability. A separate child orientation is conducted, during the custodial party’s orientation . During this time, a staff member entertains the child(ren), assesses their feelings about visiting the other party, and addresses any safety concerns.
Supervised Visitation Scheduling Options
- Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 3pm until 7pm
- Saturdays between the hours of 10am and 4pm
- Sundays between the hours of 3pm and 6pm
Supervised Visitation Fees
- Visits are $70/hour
- One party may be fully responsible for this fee OR the custodial and the non-custodial party each pay $35/hour
- The financially responsible party or parties is determined by a court order or parenting plan. In the absence of a court order or parenting plan the custodial and non-custodial parties must come to an agreement regarding financial responsibility
- A reduced rate may be available with proof of income. Our Center receives a small grant to assist clients in need. Its funds are used on a first come first serve basis.
For more information or to schedule an orientation, please call (423) 697-3791 or email [email protected]